Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Caboose
Caboose

Do's and Dont's of making a goalie Empty Do's and Dont's of making a goalie

2020-04-04, 3:55 am
So you want to make a goalie?

Do's and Dont's of making a goalie Cut

So for anyone who might want to make a goalie in the future or even those of you who have already made one, here is what you should know about the goalie build. The first order of business is what to do while next on the list is what not to do. Obviously one size does not fit all and there are definitely different ways of doing this. This is just my method which has proven to be effective. You may be wondering who I am and what do I know at this point. I have 10 years of real life goalie experience as well as 3 years of personal coaching experience. On top of that, I've been playing the NHL games since 2007.

So now, what should you be doing when building your goalie? What attributes should you build first? What can you put off until later? Etc etc. First off when making your goalie you should rely more on broad and generic things such as Agility, Speed, Vision anything other than passing and specific save types.  Rebound Control is a must, without it sure you can make saves but you will be spitting the puck right back at the person who shot it and your goalie will be way out of position. So my suggestion for build order would look like this
Any technical skill (Rebound Control, Skating, Agility, Recover. Vision), Followed by specific save categories then tertiary things like Passing, Breakaways etc etc

Now what should you avoid? Honestly the biggest thing is dont dump everything into one stat. You want to build as evenly as possible in the right order. While you can get away with building out of order you will likely see your player struggle in the early stages of their career. Breakaways and passing are not overly needed to be successful, hence why they are called tertiary skills. Things that should be developed after you are more well rounded in your core technical skills.

Hopefully you guys found this helpful and I look forward to seeing you guys out on the ice
kovalchuk
kovalchuk

Do's and Dont's of making a goalie Empty Re: Do's and Dont's of making a goalie

2020-04-04, 6:27 am
nice reading article
you have big expereince,last nhl i played was nhl15,good times Smile
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum